The title sound a bit funny, doesn't it? In this post I want to write about what Mr. Matsuena has been up to since Kenichi ended.
- Right after Kenichi ended he started a new series called Tokiwa Kitareri!!. Tokiwa ran for 2 1/2 years and ended this month with chapter 120. He has hinted at a new work, but there is no official information as of now.
- One of his assistants, Shu Matsuda, started his own manga, which can be read here. Mr. Matsuena drew some bonus art for volume 1. He went out of his way to produce an animated commercial to promote his "greatest disciple's" work.
- He drew guest bonus art for volume 7 of the new edition of Ghost Sweeper Mikami by Takashi Shiina.
- Both Rumiko Takahashi (Ranma 1/2, InuYasha) and Gosho Aoyama (Detective Cona…
As announced in this post, wikia has changed all headers to a new design. I made some slight colour adjustments and uploaded the yin yang symbol as our header background, because it was the first thing I could think of that didn't involve photoshopping an image. (I suck at photoshop.) I hope it's at least somewhat acceptable for the time being.
If you want to suggest a better image: header background images have to be 471px x 115px, in jpg, gif or png format, and cannot be lager than 300 kilobytes.
Besides the header image my design options are rather limited with the new header (see this thread).
Edit: And I played around with the logo, but I'm not convinced whether these two images look any better than the ones we are currently using on our…Read more >
From February 24, 2017 to March 9, 2017 EBJ is offering the first three volumes of HSDK as a free reading sample. Go to this page and click "無料で読む".Read more >
The first volume in Kurakawa's new, money saving double issue format is out.
- It contains two regular volumes which, of course, makes it twice as thick
- Regular paperback cover. We no longer get those nice removable dust cover with the bonus illustration
- They included almost all extras (except the cover backside illustration), but everything except the cover is now in black and white.
- The paper appears to be a bit thinner; the printing quality is about the same as before.
The publishers clearly tried their best with the budged they had. I'm glad that they decided to continue the series despite its less than stallar sales.Read more >
These might be old news and I'm not sure if anyone here is buying the French version, but I thought I should mention it.
Coming February 2017 there will be some changes to the Frech edition of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.
According to a facebook post by the publisher Kurokawa, Kenichi hasn't been selling that well. They did not want to cancel the series or slow down the publication. Therefore they decided to switch to double issues for the remaining ~15 volumes of the series.
Which means that Saison 2 Tome 16 will contain volumes 45 and 46.
It's sad that Kenichi isn't doing well enough to for single volume sales. I really liked how they included all extras. I'll review the new volume once I get it.Read more >
What do you guys think about these crossovers idea's with Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple? (Listed below.)
- The King of Fighters/Fatal Fury (series)
- Street Fighter
- Rival Schools: United by Fate/Project Justice
As of today Shogakukan's new website Sunday Webry (Web veery) is online.
On this website you can read some of their series for free. One of the series chosen for their new service is History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.
Their reader is updated daily with a new chapter. Have fun reading Kenichi in Japanese!Read more >
I recently bought the French version of volume 38, because I wanted to know how they spelled the names of Ethan's and Jihan's masters. (for those who want to know, they transcribe them as Sero Rahmane and Silkwat Junazard.) And I was quite surprised about how nice this version is.
The first print edition(!) of the French version includes all extras, including the full outer cover, the 1st print bonus illustration, the inner cover and the omake. The arrangement on the outer cover is a bit different, but no illustration was left out.
The print and paper quality is very nice. It's actually even better that the original Japanese version. The paper they use is thicker, a bit whiter and smoother, the print is very clear, and the pages are a bit wider…Read more >
I'm currenty trying to replace the old infobox template with the new markup. The boxes themselves should be working, but the design needs to be set before we can replace the old boxes. I tried to come as close to the old design as possible, but my css skill are still limited and it looks a bit different. If anyone wants to try themselves they can use this page.
That's what I came up with so far. Should we choose just one of them or should we use different colors for different templates? Any improvements, wishes, comments etc.?
Edit: css for the yellow and the purple version. It should work, but it would be nice if someone could check this for mistakes, unnecessary bits, things that could be improved etc.
Edit 2: A yellow box with a red border…Read more >
Will FUNimation dub ova's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11?Read more >
So I turned on chat, so if people want to chat, you can.Read more >
only one thing OH SHIT saiga is JOHN???Read more >