Syun Matsuena is the author of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. He commonly depicts himself as a short chubby figure with curly hair in his work.
- Born in Tokyo.
- He won Shogakukan's Manga Retsu Award with his story Kishi to Tabibito
- Debuted with The Gate to Valhalla
- 2000: Fight! Ryōzanpaku - History's Strongest Disciple
- 2002: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
- 2014: HSDK abruptly ends after it was cancelled.
- 2014/11: He starts working on Tokiwa Kitareri!!
- 2017/06: Tokiwa Kitareri!! ends. (120 chapters + 3 Prologues in 13 volumes)
- 2017: He assisted his disciple Shu Matsuda with his manga Tensō Kidō Alvadring.
- Kishi to Tabibito (騎士と旅人), date unknown
- The Gate to Valhalla (バルハラの門), 1996
- The Shining Swordsmen - Kazamarimu (閃光の剣士 カザマリム), 1997
- Fight! Ryōzanpaku - History's Strongest Disciple (戦え!梁山泊 史上最強の弟子), 2000-2002
- Superman Horosho!! (超人ハラショー!!), 2003
- Technique Traveller (技の旅人, Waza no Tabibito), 2011
- History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi (史上最強の弟子ケンイチ), 2002-2014
- Tokiwa Kitareri!! (トキワ来たれり!!), 2014 - 2017
- The year of his birth is unknown, but he has stated that he was 19 years old when The Gate to Valhalla was published. Which means he is most likely around 41 years old now.
- He is good friends with Tarō Nogizaka (Team Medical Dragon).
- The composer Tenmon was his senior in high school.
- He produces and directs 3D animations of his own works.
- Shu Matsuda is known as his greatest disciple. Matsuena even produced an animated CM to promote his disciple's debut work. Their art styles are almost exactly the same.
- He voiced the robot in Waza no Tabibito.